A step-by-step guide on how to install Gujarati Fonts in Microsoft Excel where you can type in English and it will convert the words directly into the Gujarati Language.
Usually, the language pack available in Microsoft allows you to type Gujarati, but for that, you need to be a pro on a Gujrati keyboard.
Whereas by installing these Gujarati fonts you can quickly type any word in English and it will convert them into Gujarati. It also provides options to choose words that you want to write.
The best part about these Gujarati Fonts is that they are provided by a trusted source which is the Microsoft website and are completely safe to download.
Steps To Download and Install Gujarati Fonts
You can find many options in Google when you search for Gujarati Fonts. I tried many options and found this option to be one of the best and easiest.
It is available on the Microsoft website and it is Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool. You can not only download Gujarati Fonts but is available even for the following languages:
Download Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool For Gujarati
1. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/bhashaindia/downloads.aspx. The following page will display:
2. Click on Gujarati if you use Windows 10 or Windows 11 and it will directly start the download.
If you have other operating systems, then scroll down to choose Gujarati listed under your operating system. It is available for almost all the Windows versions like Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, etc.
If you have other systems, for example, Windows 7, it will take you to this page.
Then choose from 32-bit or 64-bit and click “Next”. Download the File and follow the below-given steps.
Install Gujarati Fonts
1. The above steps will give you a zip file with the name Gujarati.zip.
2. Extract the file.
3. Double-click the file to run the set-up file.
4. Restart your PC.
5. Select the Gujarati language from the right-hand Language menu by using the “Windows + Space Bar” provided by Microsoft Indic Language Tool.
Your Gujarati Fonts are ready to use.
Possible Errors and Their Solutions
When you will install these fonts, it might give you a warning that these fonts cannot be installed.
Mostly, the reason is the non-availability of the proper version of “.Net Framework”. Sometimes even if you have the latest version of “.Net Framework”, it will give you the message.
At such times, you need to install a lower version of “.Net Framework”. I already had 4.7 installed on my PC, but it showed me the same message again and again. So I installed the 3.5 version of the “.Net Framework.
In such cases, follow the below-given steps to Download and Install a different version of the “.Net Framework” from the trusted Microsoft website.
Download and Install the .Net Framework
1. Go to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework. The following page will appear.
2. Select the version you want to download and it will take you to another page. On the right-hand side click on “Download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Runtime“.
Your download will start. Save the file at your desired location.
3. Click the setup file and follow the instruction and your framework will be installed.
Make sure that you restart the PC once again for the changes to take effect.
That’s it and you are done with installing the “.Net Framework” on your PC that will assist you to Install Gujarati Fonts.
How To Use Gujarati Fonts in Microsoft Excel?
1. Open a new Excel workbook or your existing workbook in which you want to type in Gujarati.
2. Select the language from the Language Preference Menu on the right side.
3. Select the cell and start typing. When you will type the word, it will display multiple suggestions for words to choose from. Select the one that is required.
For example, you want to write the name “Salman”. It will display suggestions as shown below:
You can also type a complete sentence as shown below:
Hope this step-by-step guide on How To Install Gujarati Fonts in Microsoft Excel was helpful. This can be helpful to people who want to write books in Gujarati or work on their systems in the Gujarati Language without any hassle of being a pro in Gujarati typing keyboard.
You can also check out other Excel Functions and VBA codes by clicking the link below:
For readymade Templates click the link below:
We thank our readers for liking, sharing, and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries or suggestions please share them in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to assist you.
1 thought on “How To Install Gujarati Fonts In Microsoft Excel”
Hi, your company is doing very well, I am very benefited, thank you.