Download the Oman Gratuity Calculator Template in Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice Calc, and Google Sheets to easily calculate your gratuity amount as the end-of-service benefits.
Just insert your joining date and your last working date along with your basic salary and the template will automatically calculate your tenure, and gratuity amount based on Oman labor law.
This template can be helpful to you whether you are an employee seeking clarity on your end-of-service benefits or an employer striving to adhere to the country’s labor laws.
Table of Contents
Download the Oman Gratuity Calculator Template (Microsoft Excel, OpenOffice Calc & Google Sheets)
We have created a ready-to-use Oman Gratuity Template with predefined formulas that can help you easily calculate your or your employee’s gratuity.
Additionally, you can also download other templates like Employee Shift Rotation Schedule, Payroll Template With Attendance, Timesheet Template, Paycheck Calculator, Employee Training Log, Job Application Tracker, Business Mileage Log Template, and IRS Compliant Mileage Log Template depending on the company’s requirements.
In case, you want to customize any of the above templates feel free to contact us. You can hire us for our services on Fiverr or directly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Use Oman Gratuity Calculator?
Calculate your gratuity using this Oman Gratuity Calculator in just 4 easy steps:
- Insert your “Joining Date”.
- Insert your “End-Of-Service Date”.
- Enter your “Number of Days of Unpaid Leave Taken During The Service”.
- Enter your “Last Drawn Basic Salary”.
Insert data in the white spaces only as other heads consist of formulas.
That’s it and the Oman Gratuity Calculator template will right away calculate your gratuity amount.
Let us understand the workings of the Oman Gratuity Calculator template in detail.
In the data input section, you need to enter your joining date and your end-of-service date. This will calculate the number of days you have worked for the company.
Enter the number of days you have taken as unpaid days during the tenure. This calculates the actual days of service and based on that it calculates the number of years.
After this, you need to enter your Last Draw Monthly Basic Salary. As you enter this, it calculates the next field “Per Day Salary” by dividing the monthly salary amount by 30.
The Labor law entitles the employee to the basic salary of 15 days for the first three years as a Gratuity per year and a basic salary of 30 days for the remaining years.
For example, if you have worked for 4 years and 6 months, the gratuity for the first three years is calculated based on 15 days and the remaining 1.5 years is calculated based on 30 days.
If your salary is OMR 1000.000 then for the first 3 years it will be [3 X 15 = 45 Days].
And for the remaining 1.5 years it will be [1.5 X 30 = 45 Days].
Thus, based on the above calculation method, the template calculates total gratuity days for the first three years as well as for the remaining years. If your tenure is less than 3 years the second field remains blank.
The last section consists of the following 4 fields:
Gratuity Amount (1 to 3 Years of Service)
Gratuity Amount (3 Years and Above)
Maximum Cap On Gratuity
Total Payable Gratuity
The formula applicable to calculate the Gratuity for 1 to 3 years of service is as follows:
Number of Gratuity Days For 1 to 3 years of Service X Basic Salary Per Day
Similarly, the formula to calculate the Gratuity for above years of service is as follows:
Number of Gratuity Days For 3 Years and Above X Basic Salary Per Day
The maximum cap of gratuity is 12000.000 just like 2 years of total salary in UAE Gratuity. The Total Gratuity payable is the sum of both gratuity amounts calculated above.
Oman Gratuity Rules
Let’s discuss in brief Oman gratuity rules.
Ministerial Decision No. 35/2021
The second party (employee) is entitled, upon the termination of their service, a gratuity amounting to one month’s salary for each year of their service, up to a maximum of 10 months for occupations from grades A to six, and 12 months for occupations for grades seven to 14. The gratuity is based on the last salary received by the second party, with its value not exceeding OMR12,000.
Not Eligible For Gratuity
The employee is not entitled to the aforementioned gratuity in the following cases:
- If their service period was for less than five years unless they have been terminated due to death or an inability to work and if they have been dismissed from service as a form of punishment.
- If they have been terminated because they need to be sentenced for a felony, or have to be punished for a crime involving deceit and dishonesty.
- Article 2 stated that this amendment solely applies to non-Omanis and those who have not yet completed 10 years of service.
- Expatriates who have completed 10 years of service or more are still provided gratuity under the previous regulations of the Civil Service Law.
- Article 3 refers to the cancellation of details that contradict the above decisions, or contravenes the law’s provisions.
- Appendix 10 of the Civil Service Law provides conditions for a contract for non-Omanis who employ permanent jobs.
- In this context, Clause 8, which was amended as part of the ministerial decision, says: “The second party is entitled, upon the end of their service, a gratuity in the amount of one month’s salary for each year of their service, up to a maximum of 12 months.”
- This is calculated based on the last salary drawn, and deducted from it is the salary corresponding to the days he has taken as leave without pay.
Enjoy using this template and let us know if you want us to make any other template.
If you like this article, kindly share it on different social media platforms so that your friends and colleagues can also benefit from the same. Sharing is Caring.
Please send us your queries or suggestions in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to assist you.