Ready-to-use Fully Automated GST Invoice Template in Excel, Openoffice Calc and Google Sheet with GST Sales register for easy billing.
Moreover, the template consists of invoice autonumbering and you can also generate client-wise, date-wise, and location-wise billing statements.
Furthermore, this template auto-updates client information and product information from the datasheet so that you don’t need to type anything.
Download Fully Automated GST Invoice Template (Excel, OpenOffice Calc, & Google Sheet)
We have created a Fully Automated GST Invoice Template with predefined formulas and functions in two different languages; English and Hindi. This template helps you to issue an invoice without the hassle of typing all the details. All you have to do is to enter the quantity.
Download by clicking below on the desired format:
Download GST Invoice Template In Hindi (Excel, OpenOffice Calc, & Google Sheet)
Download by clicking below on the desired format:
Additionally, you can download Accounting templates like Inventory Template, Accounts Payable Template, Cash Book Template, Petty Cash Book Template, Marketing Budget, Expense Report Template, and Payroll Template With Attendance.
Feel free to contact us for the customization of this template as per your requirement. We also design new templates based on your needs. You can hire us for our services on Fiverr or directly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Use Fully Automated GST Invoice Template?
- Insert data in all the sections of the Invoicing Setup File.
- Go to GST Invoice Template. The date is auto-populated.
- Select the customer ID from the dropdown list. It will fetch all the customer details like name, address, GSTIN, POS, etc.
- Select type of invoice from the dropdown list: cash or Credit. If the invoice is cash the days and due date will disappear. But if the invoice is a credit invoice, then it automatically fetches days and due dates according to the credit period defined in the setup file.
- Select product id and it auto-populates product name, HSN code, rate, Taxable value, GST percentage, and Amount. You just need to enter the quantity.
- Insert remarks if applicable.
- Click on the print button to print the invoice.
That’s it. Your invoice is ready.
Contents of Fully Automated GST Invoice Template
This template consists of 4 Sheets: Setup File, GST Invoice Template, GST Sales Register, and Printable GST Invoice Format.
Invoicing Set Up File
The purpose of this file is to insert one-time data to save you time while issuing a GST Invoice. It consists of the 3 sections: Supplier Information, Client Information, and Product Information.
Supplier information consists of the following:
Customer Information consists of the following columns:
POS is the state in which the customer/buyer is located.
The Product Information section includes the following:
Price/Rate per Unit
You can pre-define everything in this sheet and the GST Invoice template automatically fetches the data from this sheet.
GST Invoice Template
GST invoice template consists of 5 sections: Supplier Information, Customer Information, Product Information, Summary section, and Other Information.
Supplier information like company name, company address, GSTIN, and Location are auto-populated based on details entered in the setup file. As per the rules, the invoice consists of the heading “Tax Invoice”.
In the Customer Information Section, insert invoice number only for the first time. Later it will automatically generate the next number.
Moreover, select customer ID from the dropdown list and it auto-updates all of the following details:
Type of Invoice
Furthermore, the Product Information section consists of the following columns:
The serial number is auto-populated. Select product ID and it fetches all details except the quantity. Manually insert the quantity.
Invoice Summary and Other Information
The summary section displays the summary of the invoice. If the invoice is an Intra-state invoice it displays CGST and SGST calculations. Whereas, if the invoice is Inter-state, then it displays IGST calculations.
The other information section includes the “Remarks” section, signature section, and other miscellaneous details.
Click on the print button and the invoice will open the Save as PDF dialog box.
Once you execute the command the invoice number will automatically jump to next in the sequence.
GST Sales Register
After you issue the invoice and supply the goods to your customer, it is necessary to maintain client-wise records of invoices. Hence, we have created a GST sales register to record your invoices.
This sheet consists of the following details:
Insert date and invoice number. Select the customer ID and it will fetch other customer-related details like GSTIN, and Location. Enter the Taxable Value.
Moreover, insert the amount of CGST and SGST, or IGST, whichever is applicable. The Invoice amount column is auto-populated.
Additionally, you can generate client-wise, date-wise, and location-wise billing statements using the “Filter” option.
Printable GST Invoice Format
Moreover, click on the image to enlarge and print the Printable GST Invoice Format or Click on the button below to download as PDF:
Printable GST Invoice Format in Hindi
GST Regulations For Tax Invoice
According to Rule 7, a tax invoice referred to in section 31 must be issued by the supplier containing the following:
- Name, address, and GSTIN of the supplier.
- A consecutive serial number not exceeding sixteen characters, in one or multiple series, containing alphabets or numerals or special characters hyphen or dash and slash symbolized as “-” and “/” respectively, and any combination thereof, unique for a financial year.
- Date of its issue.
- Name, address, and GSTIN or UIN, if registered, of the recipient.
- Name and address of the recipient and the address of delivery, along with the name of State and its code, if such recipient is un-registered and where the value of taxable supply is fifty thousand rupees or more.
- HSN Code of goods or Accounting Code of services.
- Description of goods or services.
- Quantity in a case of goods and unit or Unique Quantity Code thereof.
- The total value of the supply of goods or services or both.
- The taxable value of supply of goods or services or both taking into account discount or abatement, if any.
- The rate of tax (central tax, State tax, integrated tax, Union Territory Tax, or cess).
- The amount of tax charged in respect of taxable goods or services (central tax, State tax, integrated tax, Union Territory Tax, or cess).
- Place of supply along with the name of State, in the case of a supply in the course of inter-State trade or commerce.
- Address of delivery where the same is different from the place of supply.
- Whether the tax is payable on the reverse charge basis and
- A signature or digital signature of the supplier or his authorized representative.
Types of GST Invoices
There are 3 types of GST invoices based on the nature of supply.
Intra-State GST Invoice
When the supply of the goods is done within your state, the supplier has to issue an Intra-state invoice. Under intra-state GST rules, the supplier needs to collect CGST and SGST on the taxable value.
For example, if a supplier is registered in Maharastra and supplies goods to any city within the state, he will issue an Intra-state GST invoice.
Moreover, the supplier will collect GST under two different heads: CGST and SGST. The total percentage will be divided by 2 and allocated to each head.
For example, if your GST rate applicable to your goods is 18%, then the supplier collects 9% as CGST and 9% as SGST.
Inter-State GST Invoice
When the supply of the goods is done outside the state, the supplier has to issue an Inter-state invoice. Under inter-state GST rules, the supplier needs to collect IGST on the taxable value.
For example, if a supplier is registered in Maharastra and supplies goods to any city in Gujarat, he will issue an Inter-state GST invoice and the supplier collects IGST.
Thus, if your GST rate applicable to your goods is 18%, then the supplier collects a total of 18% IGST on the taxable value of the goods.
GST Export Invoice
Export GST Invoice is applicable when the supply of goods is outside the country.
Moreover, there are two ways to issue export invoices. One is issuing an invoice with GST and later claiming a refund of GST or without GST by giving a Letter of Undertaking (LUT).
If you like this article, kindly share it on different social media platforms. So that your friends and colleagues can also benefit from the same. Sharing is Caring.
Moreover, send us your queries or suggestions in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to assist you.